When I first saw coloring books popping up on my Instagram feed from my adult friends, I was instantly intrigued! What a smart and fun idea to create grown up versions. The designs are more intricate and require more thought and effort to help get your mind off of the busy grown-up things we have to think about in our day-to-day life. I think this will be a new creative and soothing evening activity for me after a busy or stressful day! I quickly went on a search to find one for myself and explored all of the options. Here are my top 5 favorite adult coloring books from Amazon!
1) Creative Coloring Inspirations, Art Activity Pages to Relax and Enjoy: This book was my first purchase and I’m so excited about it! I also purchased a few for my friends who I thought would enjoy coloring in these, too! If you click the link from a desktop, Amazon will let you flip through these books to see several of the coloring pages. I’ll also share a few of my completed ones once I’m finished coloring them on our Instagram page, so be sure to follow us there as well!
“Life is a wonderful adventure, and all of our dreams can come true! Hold on to your dreams with Color a Doodle Inspirations, the coloring book that offers hope and encouragement on every page. Inside you ll find 30 relaxing activities designed to motivate your creativity and stimulate your spirit. Team up with talented artist Valentina Harper as you personalize her exquisite line drawings. Valentina combines exhilarating words with flowing, intricate, and highly detailed patterns. Best-selling craft author Marie Browning joins in with beautifully colored examples of finished work. Printed on high quality extra-thick paper that won t bleed through, all pages are pre-perforated for easy removal and display. They re perfect for decorating with markers, gel pens, watercolors, or colored pencils.”
2) The Mindfulness Coloring Book, Anti -Stress Art Therapy for Busy People: This book is filled with sweet designs of tea cups, whimsical patterns, and pretty florals!
“A fun and unique pocket-size coloring book designed to channel stress into relaxing, creative accomplishments.
In today’s busy world, finding a moment of peace and calm can be a challenge. Mindful coloring is a simple yet powerful practice that combines the proven, time-honored tradition of thoughtful meditation with the growing popularity of adult coloring books, and shows that any activity, done right, can be an exercise in mindfulness.
In The Mindfulness Coloring Book, accomplished illustrator Emma Farrarons presents 70 intricate and beguiling patterns to help you color your way to tranquility. Here are flowers, leaves, butterflies, and birds alongside rolling waves and kaleidoscopic designs.
Perfectly sized to fit into a pocket or handbag, and printed on high-quality paper that will ensure hours of bliss, The Mindfulness Coloring Book is ready to help you de-stress wherever you go. So take a few minutes out of your hectic schedule to reset and refresh with mindful coloring—and relive the days when your biggest concern was staying within the lines!”
3) Beauty in the Bible: “Appealing to all ages, this coloring book is both beautiful and inspirational. An interactive activity book that allows you to focus on the beauty of scripture and bring it to life through coloring.”
4) Botanicals in Bloom, A Fun, Floral Coloring Adventure: “Switch off, unwind, and unleash your creativity as you lose yourself in the flow of colouring in these stunning floral patterns and designs. Each of these beautiful individual designs are printed on a single page with the reverse left blank – so no bleed through, and perfect whether you use pencils, pens or paints.”
5) Hipster Coloring Book: “Did you like coloring books before they were cool? You may be a hipster! Inside this book you ll find 30 fun and easy art activities to express your hipster aesthetic. From obsolete technologies to ironic facial hair, the Hipster Coloring Book offers a light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek pastiche of a contemporary subculture. Each ready-to-color line drawing has plenty of space for you to add your own doodles, designs, and patterns. The book also provides deck advice on coloring and patterning techniques, plus some fully colored examples to get you started. Printed on high quality extra-thick paper, this inspiring coloring book for millennials is perfect for decorating with markers, colored pencils, gel pens, or watercolors. Designed to eliminate bleed-through, each page is pre-perforated for easy removal and display.”
I think I’ll curl up on the couch tonight with a box of crayons and a cup of tea and get to work. Join me in my grown up coloring adventure and pick your favorite book and let’s get coloring!