This homemade “Sizzling Sink and Tub Scrub” is one of my favorite cleaning recipes! This scrub is super easy to make and leaves your entire bathroom smelling amazing! We use this regularly to clean our tubs and sinks and it works so well to cut through grime and dirt. I love knowing that we are using non-toxic ingredients to clean our bathroom, especially now that we have a little one at home! This homemade sink and tub scrub uses citrus essential oils and simple ingredients and will literally “sizzle” as you scrub! 🛁
- 1/3 cup of Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup of Citric Acid – Cuts through grime like a champ and gives the scrub it’s “sizzling” effect!
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher Salt – This gives the scrub some “grit”!
- 15-20 drops of Essential Oil – We love using Lemon and Lime, but you can use any citrus oil!
Mix all ingredients together in a glass or ceramic bowl with a spoon. We use 10 drops each of Lemon and Lime oil. That’s it! Super easy!
🍋 How We Use It:
- Wet your sink and tubs so that it’s damp before applying the mixture
- Sprinkle a spoonful or two in each of your sinks and then split the remaining mixture between your bathtubs. This amount is typically perfect for 2 sinks and 2 tubs!
- You will hear the “sizzling” effect as soon as the powder mixture gets wet! Use your favorite sponge or scrubby brush and go to town! We use this scrub brush and it works great!
- We let the mixture sit for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it with warm water.
- This recipe does best made in single servings. If you make larger batches, it tends to “solidify” and is harder to break apart and use!
🍋 Be Sure to Try These Other Cleaning Recipes!
by Alpha Chemicals [Alpha Chemicals]