This month I did something REALLY big. I transitioned to using all natural makeup! I cannot tell you how nervous and apprehensive I was to make the switch. I have honestly been blown away I at the quality of my new “green” makeup and have already been pleasantly surprised by the difference I have seen in my skin. I SO wish I had made the change sooner! I have reviews coming your way this week on all of the makeup I have been using that I cannot wait to share with you!
Switching to natural makeup has also inspired me to explore other ways to pamper and take care of my skin. I have seen so many improvements with my skin since I have started using essential oils and I’m always looking for new ways I can give my skin care routine a little boost! I really enjoy making homemade face masks because my skin feels so soft and smooth after I use them. When I saw this steamer I was intrigued! I love finding simple ways I can pamper my skin and this facial steamer has been a wonderful way to give my skin a little “spa” treatment at home! I have never had a facial or used a steamer. Let me tell you, you will never know how you have lived without it once you try it!
This steamer is made by Mira Brands and is comparable to a much more expensive steamer! It has a 4.5 star rating on Amazon and has almost all positive reviews. It arrived in perfect condition and I was so excited to try it out!
This steamer is a breeze to set up and use, which I’m thankful for because the directions were not super helpful! They were translated in poor English and only offered some basic information on the unit.
How To Use the Steamer
- The directions recommend using distilled water only for the steamer and NOT adding any oils or fragrances to it.
- It has a small compartment that you add the water to and it easily snaps in and out. Once you have added water to the compartment, all you have to do is turn the facial steamer “on” and you’re ready to go!
- After plugging the unit in, add the water to the compartment first before turning the unit on.
- Once the water has been added, simply turn the switch to “on”. The water will heat up in less than a minute!
- You’ll get about a 8-10 minute steam once the steamer heats up the water. Once the steamer is out of water, the steam will stop.
See the Steam In Action!
The steamer gives a really nice output and feels so wonderful and soothing on my skin! It produces a hot, but not at all uncomfortable steam. It’s the exact temperature you would expect from a steamer! There was a negative review that said the water had a “chemical smelling” scent to it, but I haven’t noticed this issue at all. Most of the reviews were extremely positive and I have been thrilled with the facial steamers performance so far!
How I Use the Steamer
I sit down and place the steamer on a low table or chair so that the mist is directed up towards my face. I aim my face and neck towards the steamer and relax while the steamer is running.
The Benefits To Using A Facial Steamer
Facial steamers are beneficial for your skin care routine because the steam helps to open up your pores! This makes it easier to get a deeper clean when you exfoliate. I love using a lavender and oatmeal sugar scrub after I use the steamer. Using a facial steamer will also help your skin absorb anything you put on it afterwards! I usually only exfoliate my skin 2-3 times per week, so applying a quick face mask or serum once the steamer has finished is also super soothing!
- Use common safety practices when using this steamer! The water will be very hot, so keep it away from little ones and allow the steamer to cool down for a bit before cleaning it or moving it.
- I keep my face several inches away from the steamer, just in case any hot water spurts out. I haven’t had this happen so far, but it’s a good habit to practice just in case!
- Your skin may be a little more sensitive after using the steamer. This is completely normal! I tend to exfoliate for a shorter period of time to make sure I don’t irritate my skin after I use it. My skin feels absolutely amazing when I apply a mask or serum afterwards!
This steamer is exactly the skin care boost I was looking for and I have been extremely happy with its performance! It’s simple to set up and using it is a breeze! This facial steamer is a truly affordable way to pamper yourself and treat your skin during these dryer, winter months. It’s a great price and is currently only $35! You’ll see the price change when you click the link below 🙂