This was SUCH a fun sensory bin for our students and so easy to make! Bonus: Everything was purchased from the Dollar Tree!
All you need is:
- Leaves (You’ll need a bunch! I think I bought out the store.)
- Various marbles. I looked for different sizes, shapes, and textures and made sure they were fairly large so they stayed in little hands and not up noses or in mouths 🙂
- Various rakes, spoons, and tongs for play and fine motor skill practice
- A few cups and bowls to collect what they find
- For the sense of smell, I used an essential oil called Thieves, diluted in a spray bottle with water, and sprayed it on the leaves. It kills germs and smells like Fall, so it was a double win!
That’s it! Prepare for a little bit of a mess and leaves in your hair and possibly down your clothes, but lots of fall fun for sure!